LuciSun is a startup company created in 2019 based in Brussels and Wallonia, Belgium, which provides specialized tools and services for the field of solar photovoltaic (PV) energy and energy meteorology. The company was founded by experts of international influence and participates in industrial and research projects in Belgium, Europe, and around the world.
LuciSun aims to bridge the gap between research and industry by incorporating the latest scientific advances into commercial products and services available to the solar energy sector.
The company specializes in advanced consulting services, simulation tools, data analytics and R&D for the solar energy sector, mostly focusing on photovoltaic (PV) applications. LuciSun offers services to solar energy plant managers, consulting companies, investment entities, and public bodies. These services include energy yield simulation, performance assessment, due diligence, risk assessment, monitoring data analysis, reporting, as well as fault detection and diagnosis. LuciSun also offers training services to solar energy professionals.
LuciSun is actively involved in pioneering research and innovation projects at the national and international levels. LuciSun is currently participating in the H2020 project SERENDI-PV as the leader of Work Package 7: Collaborative modelling & monitoring platform. LuciSun has also led for four years the Work Group 5: PV in grids of the EU COST project Pearl PV. LuciSun is participating in three working groups of the Photovoltaic Power Systems Programme (PVPS) of the International Energy Agency (IEA); Task 13: PV system performance, Task 15: BIPV, and Task 16: solar resource. LuciSun also participates in a pioneering research projects on agrivoltaics started in 2023 (Horizon Europe project SYMBIOSYST), and other research or industrial projects.
LuciSun possesses four main lines of activities:
• Luconsult: specialized services for the solar energy industry
• Lusim: advanced simulation tool for solar energy applications
• Lunalytics: data analytics for solar energy monitored data
• Lulab: research, development and innovation for solar energy
LuciSun is currently growing, along with the rest of the solar energy sector. Our team is currently composed of 8 team members of 6 different nationalities, and we need reinforcements to support us in the growth of our business.
Your role in the company
We are looking for an Officer Manager.
You will work in tandem with the CEO to help on the operations, and you will have the ability to request budget in order to outsource certain aspects of your expected tasks outside of the company. You will therefore be in charge of the operations in the long term.
- Office Management
- HR admin (coordination with SD Worx)
- Finance & Accounting
- Facilities & Suppliers Management
- General Admin
- HR admin (coordination with SD Worx)
- Project Management
- Provide administrative support to the team members during the technical execution of projects and during prospection phases.
- Manage administrative part of projects, including:
- Involvement in funding management and coordination with legal help for contracts
- Budget Planning
- Support Management with key decision-making processes and operations
The ideal candidate profile – must haves
• At least a bachelor’s degree in office management, accounting, or equivalent.
• Fluent in French (both written and oral - first language needed for this admin role) and English ( lingua-franca inside the office).
• Proficient user of MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
• Experience in handling financials.
• Experience with a business management tool, such as Odoo, Projeqtor, or other.
• Strong organisational and communication skills.
• Fast learner, ability to work independently and demonstrate team spirit.
• Committed, dynamic, autonomous and proactive.
• Ability to work under pressure.
Nice to have skills
• Dutch or Spanish.
• Experience in tools such as Mailchimp, WordPress, or similar.
• Knowledge of Power BI.
• Sense of humor.
What we offer
• Flexible working time and location. You are ideally expected to be in the office in Brussels for at least 2 days per week.
• We fully trust people who join us to take full ownership of their work and duties. How each of our team members manage their time to get the work done is up to them (except for team meetings, deliverables, …).
• You will be fully integrated into our team and you will have opportunities to learn from the rest of the team, about project management, finance, accounting, human resource, and other related topics.
• We offer a competitive salary package, according to your experience.
• We offer transport reimbursement, phone subscription, hospital insurance, meal vouchers
• Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (please send us your CV with a brief introductory email or motivation letter)
• Office: ICAB Incubator, Rue des Pères Blancs 4, 1040 Brussels, Belgium
• Working schedule: 3, 4, or 5 days per week, to be discussed depending on the profile
• Availability: starting from summer 2023